There are many people who are facing the problems of obesity and losing weight – about two thirds of the people in the United States are facing these issues, however, on the other hand, we have people who are have a completely opposite problem all together. They are facing the problem of being too skinny and not gaining any weight.
This is a concern, because being underweight can be just as bad for your health as being obese. Additionally, many people who are not clinically underweight still want to gain some muscle.
Whether you are clinically underweight or simply struggling to gain some muscle weight, the main principles are the same.
Below, I have outlined a simple strategy to quickly gain weight, but in a healthy way.
- Don’t drink water before meals. That’s right, as much as I have told you that water is the medicine for everything, drinking water before meals fills your stomach and makes it harder to get in enough food in your stomach – Best way is to drink small portions in between meals.
- Eat more often than usual. Eat healthier meals in your day and squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can, such as before bed. Having 5 to 6 mini healthy meals instead of 2 to 2 larger meals is the right way for an actually healthy diet plan.
- Drink milk. Drinking whole milk isn’t just good for your bones, calcium intake as well as quenching your thirst, it is also great for you to as it increases your calorie intake.
- Try weight gainer shakes. Weight gainer shakes really do help, especially if you have tried everything else and nothing seems to be working. Most of these shakes are very high in protein, carbs and calories.
- Use bigger plates. Fitness is very psychological, whether it’s losing weight fast that your are aiming for or quick weight loss, your mind is the key. Similarly, you can train your mind and consume more by using big plates and trying to finish everything in it. It can be a little challenging at first but keep trying!
- Add cream to your coffee. Yep, especially if you are used to drinking just black coffee! Black coffee actually makes you lose your water weight so try converting to cappuccino with cream on top instead. It’s tastier and will help you reach your goal as well.
- Get quality sleep. Sleeping properly is very important for muscle growth.
- Eat your proteins first and vegetables last.If you have a mix of foods on your plate, eat the calorie-dense and protein-rich foods first. Eat the vegetables last.
It can actually be very difficult for some people to gain weight. That’s because your body has a certain set point of weight where it feels comfortable and doesn’t accept to go beyond that elasticity limit. Whether you try to go under your set point (lose weight) or over it (gain weight), your body resists changes by regulating your hunger levels and metabolic rate.
But don’t worry, I’m sure if you try some of my tips above, you are bound to see the results. Remember, how you want your body mostly has to do with what you eat and THEN your exercise. That is why I have prepared a Healthy Recipe Guide for all you that has some of the most healthy delecious food that you can also prepare.
Besides that, as I know the importance of your diet with your exercises, all my fitness guides have meal plans, nutrition and supplement plans included as well.
So go ahead, search for the fitness guide that suit your requirement, and because you are such a loyal reader, you can purchase any of my fitness guide at half the price! Simply enter the code SE50 to get an instant discount on your purchase!
With lots of love,